Monday, June 14, 2010

Napa Cabbage Salad with Buttermilk Dressing


I really loved this salad.  We had it a few weeks back with the burgers and I never posted the recipe.  It is so delicious.  

I am almost never drawn to buttermilk dressing.  And this buttermilk dressing was amazing.  With all my dressings, even creamy ones, I like them to be fairly runny.  And this recipe has the perfect consistency for me.  

Also, I try and try to eat raw whole radishes.  My dad always does.  And it seems like something cool people do.  But I always fail.  At being cool.  And at eating whole raw radishes.  Maybe someday I will acquire the taste.  However, cut up in this salad, they are so amazing.  It is such a good combo of the radish, cabbage, celery and the sweet buttermilk dressing.  

And check out my new pages!  I added some info about me and about this blog.  I also added a recipe index.  

Napa Cabbage Salad with Buttermilk Dressing
adapted from Gourmet, November 2007 via smitten kitchen

1/2 cup well-shaken buttermilk
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons minced shallot
1 tablespoon sugar
3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
1 pound Napa cabbage, cored and thinly sliced crosswise (4 cups)
6 radishes, diced
2 celery ribs, thinly sliced diagonally

Whisk together buttermilk, mayonnaise, vinegar, shallot, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl until sugar has dissolved, then whisk in chives.

Toss cabbage, radishes, and celery with dressing.

(Servings: 4, Prep time: 15 min., Cook time: 0 min., Difficulty: Easy)

1 comment:

  1. This salad looks beautiful. What a great presentation. And I'm sure it pairs so well with other summer eats. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete