Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Recipe Round-up

Well here we are.  The end of 2010.  The beginning of 2011.  2011 is a year that I never thought would come.  It is the year so frequently used to answer the question, "oh...so when are you going to graduate?"  Over the past (almost) five years, the year 2011 sounded no different than 2111.  Ya know, like it didn't exist?

Apparently, it does exist!  And it is now!  And gradumacating sounds just has hard now as it did back then.  But we can do it!

After endless hours of discussion on the best way to present my recipe round up, I decided to be 100% selfish.  Here are my favorites of 2010 (old to new).  :)


Eggplant and Fried Green Tomato Parmesan - This was a recipe I kind of put together from several different sources.  Highlights include the tomato butter sauce, the corn meal breading, and the method used to extract the water out of the eggplant before frying.   


Meatballs in Sauce with Creamy Polenta - Totally amazing.  Although it is hard to choose, these have to be my favorite meatballs.


Chicken Piccata - My favorite way of cooking a chicken breast.  I love citrus and briney miscellany. Apparently I wanted a lot of asparagus that night too!  I need to remember to make this more often!


Pot Stickers - Oh baby, oh baby.  One of my very favorite things of 2010.  If I ever get around to rating all my old recipes, this is for sure a 10/10.


Korean Tacos - Definitely not easy to just throw together.  But this is another 10/10 for me.  I just can't imagine something better.  And although my number one goal in LA was to try the real deal Korean Tacos, we never got around to it.  Guess I will just have to make these again!


Kimchi Bokkeumbapa - I made all Korean, all week in April.  Best week of my life.  No but seriously, I loved it all but this Kimchi Fried Rice was so easy to make that I was blown away by how good it was.  It is very breakfasty with some Korean flare.


Zucchini Noodles with Shrimp and Goat Cheese - One of Cara's many genius ideas.  If you are trying to find some healthy recipes to start the New Year off right, check out Cara's blog.  This one was amazing. I could eat it forever and always.  In fact, my sister says she makes it on a very regular basis.


Salmon Burgers with Cilantro Mayo - A delicious and healthy burger (subtract the mayo).  It was burger mania up in here this summer.  This was one of our favorites for sure!


Grilled Fish Tacos - I have made and tried millions of grilled fish tacos recipes.  Lie.  That is a lie.  But I seriously make them so often and I have posted many that I have tried on the ol' blog here.  These are my favorite.  I wish I could BE this fish taco.


Mushroom Crostini with Goat Cheese - I love these for lots of reasons.  First, goat cheese.  Second, it is a nice change from the more typical crostini toppings.  Third, "everyone is raving about the crostini".


Red Onion Marmalade - This stuff changed my life.  I put it on pizza.  I put it on burgers.  I eat it straight up.


Potato and Cheese Pierogies - I tend to really love things that take a ridiculous amount of time to make.


Lemony Shrimp Scampi Pasta - This pasta is SO good to me.  Just looking at it now makes me want to make it immediately.  It is light and fresh.  Screams for some crusty bread.


Coconut Chicken Salad - This has to be one of the more popular recipes I have posted.  And it is my favorite salad of all time.  It was originally created by Jam's restaurant in Omaha, NE and I have recreated it for us at home.


Oxtail Soup - My favorite soup of the year.  The oxtail creates such a beautifully delicious broth.  With the fresh squeezed lemon juice, it is absolutely perfect.  Thank you oxen, for your amazing and useful tails.


Italian Drip Beef Sandwich - I love a good sandwich and this spicy drip beef was the best thing that ever happen to me.


Braised Short Ribs over Creamy Goat Cheese Polenta - As long as we are on the topic of beef, this is the most excellent special occasion dinner.  We celebrated Christmas over this meal.

I left out any sweets, baked goods or desserts.  Might get a round up of those at a later, less dangerous time in our lives.  Happy New Year!!!

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful year...what a wonderful collection of recipes. I was particularly drawn to the salmon burgers. I've been craving fish. Thank you so much for sharing with me, week after week. I feel blessed to have found you this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moan all of these recipes sound amazing! I definitely will be trying those meatballs over polenta! Happy new year my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shanon,
    What a wonderful round up of recipes! I love every dish and the pictures are fabulous! Hope your New Year was a BLAST!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices! I love the idea of meatballs over polenta, but really, I love anything on polenta. And thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We made the Red Onion Marmalade Pizza and the Zucchini noodles with shrimp and goat cheese a few months back. Soooo good. Thanks for introducing us to them. Hoping to make more of these soon! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete