Thursday, September 30, 2010

California Club Chicken Burger


So, you know how everyone is going on and on about how great it is that fall has arrived?  So, they can start making pumpkin this.  And chili that.  Well, can we all keep in mind that some of us have been experiencing temps in the upper 80's and low 90's for the past TWO WEEKS!  

Ok, I am not complaining.  Bc I hate cold weather more than just about anything else.  Ever.  BUT, I do love pumpkin this and chili that.  And it is still too hot to heat up the kitchen.  And that is becoming borderline not ok.  I will give CO about one more week.  Then, I'm out.  

Anyways, as you may have noticed, I am still making quick dishes that don't use the oven or any excessive amounts of stovin'.  So......I am not a big fan of a chicken breast sandwich.  In fact, I would seriously never order that or eat that in a million years.  Yikes!  Strong statement.  But seriously, when I sit next to someone, at a burger place, for example, and they order a chicken breast sandwich with nothing on it, then put ketchup on it, I feel.....like all is wrong in the world.  I am not going to lie, it actually makes me angry.  I know, I have problems.

Anyways^2, this chicken burger is fun (and I like that it is ground chicken, which, in my opinion, is much more sandwich-able than a whole breast).  Love a club.  I do like the guac, but it does kind of squish out of the sandwich when you take a bit.  Makes it messy, but still delicious.  And, I did use a toasted english muffin and I liked it!


California Club Chicken Burger

1 lb. ground chicken
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. oregano
1 clove garlic, finely minced or pressed
3/4 tsp. kosher salt ground pepper
4 thick cut slices of bacon, cooked and cut in half
1/2 cup guacamole or 1 sliced avocado
4 toasted buns

Lightly mix together the chicken, cumin, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Form the mixture into 4 patties. Grill, pan-fry, or broil the patties until cooked through. Top with 1 slice (2 pieces) of the cooked bacon and guacamole, and serve on toasted buns.

(Servings: 4, Prep time: 25 min., Cook time: 15 min., Difficulty: Easy)


foodforscot Ratings:

Shanon (taste):  5/10
Scot (taste):  8/10
Effort:  2/5
Dishwashing Effort:  2/5

2 comments:

  1. Ground chicken...what a good idea. And I love pairing chicken and avocado on a sandwich. I have been craving a California club for weeks now. I need to either make this tomorrow night or have Ryan go and buy me a sandwich! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks seriously good...I love most of your recipes...and I know what you mean...we are on the East Coast and I want a crispier...much crispier fall...

    ReplyDelete