Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sesame Noodles with Asian Slaw


I saw this recipe a while ago, and I thought, I always have all those ingredients, so I had to try it! I think you can get all of them at most large grocery stores. But, you can definitely get them at an Asian market. And they are cheaper. And it is way more fun. I hate big grocery stores. And how they bag my groceries. Seriously, I have a problem. If anyone knows any techniques for calming myself down while I check out, that would be great. Not watching kind of doesn't work.

Btw, I didn't really use the proportions below. I just kind of added the amounts that I like. Sesame oil is very strong and so I didn't use so much. I also added sesame seeds, because I have them. I only used about 1 tsp of sugar. Didn't add the hot water. And I grated the garlic. I never eat raw minced garlic. I like it grated (or pressed, but I don't have or want one of those garlic presses...even though, grating it makes my hands smell for about 3 days).

I also made another Asian slaw. This time: napa cabbage, green and red pepper, carrots, cilantro dressed with lime juice, rice vinegar, light oil, salt and pepper.


Simple Sesame Noodles

12 ounces, fluid Thin Noodles, Cooked And Drained
1/4 cups Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Sugar
4 cloves Garlic, Minced
2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
3 Tablespoons Pure Sesame Oil
1/2 teaspoons Hot Chili Oil
4 Tablespoons Canola Oil
2 Tablespoons Hot Water
4 whole Green Onions, Sliced Thin

Whisk all ingredients (except noodles and green onions) together in a bowl. Taste and adjust ingredients as needed. Pour sauce over warm noodles and toss to coat. Sprinkle with green onions and toss. Serve in a bowl with chopsticks. Yummy!

(Servings: 2-3, Prep time: 10 min., Cook time: 10 min., Difficulty: Easy)

1 comment:

  1. i love this week of recipes so far. i want to make all of them. i'm probably going to.

    ReplyDelete