Friday, March 26, 2010

Simple Chicken with Cucumber Salad


I am dedicating this blog to the best dog in the world. Copper! My dog! Why? Well, first the pics for this dinner are horrible. In fact, only one is semi-non-blurry. I need a new camera!!! Yeah, that is the reason. Second, I just love my dog. He is seriously the best dog. Ever.

I have been spending a lot of quality time with the guy. And, my favorite thing about him, is his never ending quest for sun. Or heat. Even if it means he is taking someone's seat. Or he has to sit really awkwardly on a thin slice of couch...he'll do it. It is worth it. In fact, in most cases, the heat he is craving will be too hot after about 20 min. So, he'll have to move to a cooler spot. Cool down. Maybe get a drink. Then, repeat.


And if you are in the only spot that has sun? That is a real problem. And his only goal in life is to get you to move enough so that he can sneak in.


Another source of heat...our blankets, which are all fleece for the most part. Copper doesn't understand how insane I get when dog hair covers everything. I am getting better.


Well, at least he looks extremely refined.

Back to dinner...here it is!

It is really a leftover remix. I have had this for the past two nights. What is it? First, I just did a simple pan fried chicken breast. Last night, just seasoned with salt and pepper and cooked it in olive oil. Tonight, I dredged it in flour too. The cucumber salad is just: sliced cucumbers, fresh chopped dill, a little sour cream, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper. And I served it with warm pita bread and diced tomatoes. To eat, just fill pita pockets with the chicken, cucumbers and tomatoes. It is just a basic, easy dinner. Takes about 15 minutes to make.

Cucumbers and tomatoes are my two favorite veggies. Well, maybe. It is hard to pick. But, nothing beats a homegrown, ripe tomato. When I was living at home, we had endless supplies of cucumbers and tomatoes. And in the summer, I would live off of cucumber and tomato salads and tomato sandwiches.

I need a garden!!! And I need summer!!! Boulder is so confused. It keeps snowing! "March is 2nd snowiest month in Boulder." I don't care!!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, he is a good dog. How funny the timing on this post. Just yesterday I had the front door open to let the sun it. It was only about 50 degrees out. As the living room got a bit cooler Jaelea decided that it was warmer right in front of the door, in the sun. She is not normally a big sun dog, so she and Copper would get along great. I thought it was such a great idea that I got my Kindle and joined her for about an hour. So nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha, they would! i have so many more pics of him doing ridiculous things to be in the sun...i was just too lazy to find them all.

    ReplyDelete