Sunday, January 31, 2010

Weekly Meal Plan - The Lighter Side

Too. Much. Butter. After the last two weeks packed with butter, saturated fats, red meat...all of which I love, don't get me wrong. I was inspired this week to go Asian and go seafood (not everything, of course). My favorite food is Asian. Not Chinese take out. But brothy Asian and fish goodness. It is the kind of a food you eat, and still feel so good. I love that. I have also been reading the Joy of Cooking. It may be the best resource ever. Every cook should own it. It is amazing. Anyways, here is this week's plan:

Sunday: Pad Thai
Monday: Salmon Pouch with white rice
Wednesday: Chicken Piccata with Crashed Potatoes and Asparagus
Thursday: Homemade biscuits with some leftover gravy (from pot pies) and maybe some eggs

Leftovers (all lunch portions, 2 cup Pyrex bowls):
Pad Thai: 2
Salmon Pouch: 2 (I steamed all the extra veggies and packaged with rice topped with soy sauce)
Japanese Noodles in broth: 4
Chicken piccata with Crashed Potatoes and Asparagus: some potatoes and asparagus that we ate the next night
Biscuits: lots...maybe 6 biscuits

Printable Version of meal plan and grocery list.

No comments:

Post a Comment