Thursday, February 11, 2010

Roasted Chicken and Potatoes



There was no plan for tonight. I ended up roasting up the rest of the whole chicken. Yesterday, I butchered that baby up. I cut off the breasts. Then, I cut off the thighs, drumsticks, and wings...which I saved for tonight. Then, put the rest in the freezer for stock.

There is no recipe. I just heat some oil in oven safe pan (my fav. 5 qt pan, I mentioned last night). Then, I season each chicken piece with salt and pepper. Put the skin side down in the skillet. Crisp up the skin. Turn all the pieces over. Add some chopped onion and cubed potato (and other root vegetables if you have them). Cook them on the stove for however long. Then throw in a 350 degree oven for however long.

I make different variations of this all the time. I made it for the first time about three years ago. I was on the phone during and after making it. I kind of served Scot's plate and then left to go to another room for a while. I was on the phone for a long time. I got back and Scot says, "I ate everything. Everything is gone". It was pretty funny. While I was gone, Scot just ate everything I made. Haha. So, I guess he likes this dish.

Just so you know, Scot also ate three ribs leftover from the Spicy Korean Ribs. And he made this (after asking me what else he could eat) with the leftover pizza toppings:


He was hungry.

1 comment:

  1. Roasted Chicken and potatoes sounds like something I need to eat tonight for dinner. Maybe with a nice rich California Chardonnay. Cheers~

    ReplyDelete