Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Brunch

Happy Easter! Here is our Easter Brunch menu. I will post recipes later. I was really excited to do a multi-course brunch this year. There were a few minor and major disaster and one may say casualties. But, it was fun. I love saying that. That is what people always say when they do bad at something...."well, I had fun and that is all that matters." Ha. I seriously did have fun though. Until the hollandaise. Don't worry, I'll explain.

First course: Oatmeal raspberry scones and fruit smoothies.

Second course: Salmon cakes, with potato latkes and blanched asparagus ("with a hollandaise sauce")
Third Course: Monkey bread (and Monkey munch, not pictured)
The main disaster was the hollandaise sauce, which I knew was a bad idea from the beginning. I mean me making it for the first time and not knowing how to keep it until ready for use. It was fairly easy to make, but then I was working on something else and M came in and was like, "Shanon is your sauce supposed to stay smooth?" Yes. Definitely. Turns out, the eggs scrambled somehow while I was turned away. I am still unsure what happened because the heat was off. Since my peeps are so nice, they still poured the chunky hollandaise over their food and said it tasted good. I will show a picture later.

The other minor disaster was the latkes got a little dry sitting in the oven while I was trying to revive my hollandaise. But, they still tasted pretty good. I REALLY love these latkes. You have to try them.

I was a big fan of the monkey bread. And overall, I think the brunch went well. I really want to make the main dish again and see how it tastes because I think it has great potential. Scot is deathly afraid of hollandaise now because he saw what goes in it. I'm not afraid of butter. Or egg yolks. In large quantities.

No comments:

Post a Comment